- Directing up to 3.5% of income tax
Pro Iure International Association
Cont în EURO: RO85 BTRL EURC RT02 4757 4401
Cont înLEI: RO38 BTRL RONC RT02 4757 4401
Opened at Transilvania Bank, Targu Mures Branch
What does it mean for taxpayers to direct up to 3.5% of income tax?
It is a tax transparency mechanism through which individual taxpayers can direct up to 3.5% of income tax to a non-governmental organization (association or foundation).
This allows you to decide to whom up to 3.5% of your income tax goes.
Why is it good to use this provision?
• Contribute to the efficiency of spending public money, so yours!
• You can help solve a problem in your community of up to 3.5% of your income tax to an organization working in that field.
• You can make sure that money stays in your community by going to a local organization.
• You can help people in need by directing up to 3.5% of your income tax to an organization that works for them!
What is not the provision for directing up to 3.5% of income tax?
• Directing up to 3.5% of income tax is not a donation! It is an amount due to the state (as a tax) but you can decide how and to whom it will be allocated.
• You are not entitled to claim any financial or other benefits from the organization to which you have directed up to 3.5% of your income tax.